nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Kurc <trk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT][REPORT] Apache NiFi - April 2016
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:32:19 GMT
Joe - hopefully constructive comments:
To me, based on the lack of new PMC members since November could be
considered unsubstantiated - are you basing this on number of new
committers?
 - Pipeline for PMC progression is very strong.

 As an aside I will take as an action to put together a DISCUSS thread on
the dev mailing list expectations from the PMC on what we're looking for in
new committer and PMC candidates.

On this one, are you up for a language change?
 - Substantial progress made toward the 1.0 release line which is now being
built on master.

If so, I'd recommend to the extent of:
 "Key features and milestones for 1.0 release have been put together by the
community in a public roadmap and are in active development. Our default
version control branch (master) is now dedicated to 1.0 development."

And maybe "The community has put together a plan and guidelines for
contributors to develop features for both 1.0 and 0.X lines concurrently"