nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Sourav Gulati <sourav.gul...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Re: Reg: Issues in Custom Processor
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:18:26 GMT
Thanks Joe. I will try and update you

Regards,
Sourav Gulati
Big Data

From: Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 11:26 PM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reg: Issues in Custom Processor

Sourav,

On twitter you asked "why is it opening so many file handles"

Your processor is not.  It may well be just fine. However, at startup
nifi loads many files into the classloader and it is at the point now
where it references more than 1024 objects (files, sockets, etc..) so
it is important to set a higher default.

I encourage you to go ahead and follow the best practices mentioned in
the documentation and I suspect you'll find your custom processor is
doing what you expected.

Thanks
Joe

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sourav,
>
> Please make sure you've followed these recommendations
> https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#configuration-best-practices
>
> Specifically make sure you update the max open file handles.
>
> Thanks
> Joe
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Sourav Gulati
> <sourav.gulati@impetus.co.in> wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I am using "@TriggerSerially"  annotation while creating processor and inside "On
Trigger"  method I am creating a file reader and after doing the processing I am closing the
reader connection as well. As per my assumption, if I am using @TriggerSerially, then "On
trigger" method runs in serial fashion.

>> However, while executing processor I am getting "too many open files" error . I check
with lsof command as well, it has opened lot of reader connections to file.

>> What should I change ? Need urgent help
>>

>> Regards,
>> Sourav Gulati

>> NOTE: This message may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged
interception or interference.

or interference.