netbeans-users mailing list archives

From Peter Hull <peterhul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing dependency on tools.jar in Java 11
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2019 11:14:36 GMT
On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 4:41 AM Alex Kotchnev <akochnev@gmail.com> wrote:
>    the code needs a few classes from the compiler tree API (e.g. com.sun.source.util
- TreePath, Trees, etc). I looked around but couldn't find what dependency to add to the project
instead. It seems that those classes are still available in newer SDKs, but the compilation
fails in them.
They have been put into the jdk.compiler module[1] so I think this
means you'll have to 'modularise' your plugin, unless there's a legacy
way to do it (personally I have not been able to figure out modules
yet...)
Pete
[1]: https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/jdk.compiler/com/sun/source/util/package-summary.html