netbeans-users mailing list archives

From "Greenberg, Gary" <ggree...@visa.com>
Subject Changes in Netbeans bug reporting
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2019 19:13:21 GMT
It used to be semi-automatic in previous versions up to 8.2
I.e. when an error appear in notification window and you open it, there was a button to submit
report to Netbeans.
Now it is purely manual - this button is gone. You have to copy content of the error log,
got to JIRA, create a ticket and paste error there.
Additionally, JIRA is rigged to not accepting these tickets.
I tried 4 times to create this ticket, after an error popped this morning during background
scanning of projects.
Every time JIRA page becomes unresponsive and has to be killed. Finally I gave up.

I wonder - was it done to look better in eyes of community?

Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development, BI-A
E: ggreenbe@visa.com