netbeans-users mailing list archives

From "Luff,Chris" <Chris.L...@Cerner.com.INVALID>
Subject Calling for Speakers at Netbeans Day London 2019
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 12:17:31 GMT
All,

As you may have heard, we are planning the 5th annual Netbeans Day in London Friday September
27th 2019. The location is the London head quarters of Cerner in Paddington.

I am looking at a schedule similar to that of past years;

  *   9:00 Registration
  *   9:30 Apache Netbeans Status Report
  *   10:00 [TBA]
  *   10:45 [TBA]
  *   11:30 [TBA]
  *   12:15 Writing and executing Scala with the Netbeans Scala plugin (Chris Luff)
  *   13:00 Lunch
  *   14:00 Workshops 1
     *   [TBA]
     *   [TBA]
  *   15:15 Workshops 2
     *   [TBA]
     *   [TBA]
  *   16:30 Wrap up & Pub!

I am looking for speakers to fill the slots marked as TBA. We have the capability to run parallel
tracks in the afternoon if there are enough speakers. Sessions are 45 minutes in length but
If you have a something that may need more time, we can work with the schedule to accommodate
it somehow. The rules for acceptable topics are pretty simple, we can cover any topic or technology,
but it must be applicable to Netbeans as an IDE or Platform.

To get the ball rolling I have penciled myself in to talk through installing and working with
Scala in Netbeans. @Geertjan, could you be persuaded to take the status report, as you have
in the past?

Nothing is written in stone yet so suggestions are more than welcome!

I am creating an EventBrite registration site to manage attendees. If however, you are a confirmed
speaker you will not need to register.

Thanks
Chris

Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London
W2 1AF.