netbeans-users mailing list archives

From Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: AW: SQL profiling
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:07:13 GMT
On 10/22/2018 03:09 AM, Christian Lenz wrote:
> A bit off Topic, I like the feature too, but this is only working for
> Java Projects, Right? It would be good, if we can have a Little profiler
> for plain SQL too, I mean in the DB section of NetBeans. There is a
> MySQL profiler in the MySQL DB. I will create a ticket for that.

You're actually profiling JDBC calls, so yes, it's Java-based. If you
expand any of the nodes, you'll see timings for method calls in your
JDBC driver and the calling methods.

For low-level database stuff, I think you're probably better off using
your database's own tools (e.g. pgAdmin for Postgres) or a query like
EXPLAIN ANALYZE.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)