netbeans-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: History of one bug, or what is the attitude of NB devs
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2018 12:39:47 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 2:17 PM R. Diez
<rdiezmail-netbeans@yahoo.de.invalid> wrote:>

> ...You need to clearly indicate who is an official team member and who is not, either
with a
> project e-mail address, or with a proper e-mail signature...

In general, that's not desired nor useful - everybody who collaborates
in good faith here is welcome.

Some decisions are made by the NetBeans PPMC (and the Incubator PMC
currently while the project is in incubation) and then such roles do
matter, you'll sometimes see people voting with "+1 (binding)" to
indicate that they have a binding vote. But even then all votes are
welcome.

In this case I'll sign with the title that I have here, to help
explain why I'm making these statements - but that doesn't mean anyone
who does not have a title should shut up.

-Bertrand (incubation mentor for NetBeans)