netbeans-users mailing list archives

From Eirik Bakke <eba...@ultorg.com>
Subject RE: [rcp][platform] Moving UI application based on Netbeans RCP 6.9.1 to 9.0 ?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2018 13:55:15 GMT
> That is -  the Netbeans Platform code itself needs first to be built (using "regular"
ant build?) and put in maven repo?
That's exactly right. (At least until https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-467 is
resolved.)

> I'm asking because I would like to keep it possible for us to be able to make modifications
in the Netbeans Platform code too.
Yes, then it makes sense to always build the platform sources yourself and populate your local
maven repository using the nb-repository-plugin Maven plugin. That's what I do with my own
platform application.