netbeans-users mailing list archives

From Eduard <i...@dejongfrz.nl>
Subject Re: [java] Can NB 8.2 and NB 9 Coexist
Date Wed, 30 May 2018 20:31:32 GMT
They can.

However, there is a compatibility issue with the ant build system: When
NB 9 opens a project created with 8.2 it modifies the buildImpl.xml file
to add support for Java 9 modules. Subsequently opening the project in
8.2 and then building it will fail, with a complaint about some missing
ant stuff.
Editing the xml file to remove the offending ant code solves that.

At least, that was the case several months ago when I ran into this issue.

Cheers
Eduard