netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans roadmap updates
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:07:55 GMT
Well, it is not that simple.

Having major plugins to have their own release means that you shall
replicate at least some of the release infrastructure/process/people
work for it.

On the other hand one of the greatest values of NetBeans is that it just
works out of the box. Having some plugins create their own releases
means moving to the Eclipse model as plugins might creating frictions
from release to release between each other and the IDE. I had to listen
countless discussions of my colleges which version of eclipse to use
with which version of plugins, until the Eclipse distribution creators
showed up. So I would not go that route.

Having two releases per year with 3 month patch releases sounds fair to me.

For those who want the new and shiny, there was always a possibility to
use the development version.