netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Test specs and OS
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 17:49:29 GMT
On 10/22/2018 12:34 PM, Rodrigo Teixeira Andreotti wrote:
> There is a column for other linux and another one for Ubuntu, I am
> performing the tests in Debian, which basically is the basis of Ubuntu
> (even having several particularities).
>
> In a next stage of testing would not it be interesting to split the tests
> differently? For example, Distributions based on DEB and Distributions
> based on RPM, or something of the sort?

Personally, I'd rather remove the distinction entirely and just have a
Linux category. The real differences you might encounter have more to do
with desktop environment (KDE, GNOME, XFCE, &c.), which cuts across
distributions. See for example:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1344

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)