netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From joe schmo <geekyguy...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Building Netbeans
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 18:38:30 GMT
What bundle of Netbeans 8.2 do I need, the one with everything?  (ie All)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Development+Environment

Development Environment - NetBeans - Apache Software ...<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Development+Environment>
cwiki.apache.org
If you are cloning your own fork, then the clone command would be different, please have a
look at your fork in GitHub.

Bailey Campbell

________________________________
From: Glenn Holmer <cenbe@kolabnow.com.INVALID>
Sent: October 25, 2018 12:32:10 PM
To: netcat@netbeans.apache.org
Subject: Re: Building Netbeans

On 10/25/2018 10:10 AM, joe schmo wrote:
> Last night I downloaded the code for Netbeans ie  git clone
> https://github.com/incubator-netbeans.git I'm running Windows 10, Ant
> 1.10.5, Maven 3.5.
If you haven't seen it, there's some good information here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Development+Environment

and here:

http://netbeans.apache.org/participate/submit-pr.html

(scroll down to "Contributing to Apache NetBeans in github")

Remember that NetBeans has to be built under JDK8.

> I'm wondering a few things.
>
>   1.  Am I pointing at the HEAD?  Is it the latest code or is there a branch for 10.0
>   2.  Should Netbeans build out of the box?  I'm getting errors on my build.
>   3.  Are there instructions to set up my environment?

The branch for the 10.0 release is "release100", which I'm sure by now
is ahead of the build we are testing with. I think there was talk about
releasing another voting candidate soon, but a lot of the devs have been
busy at the Code One conference. Always good to be subscribed to the dev
list for the latest code gossip.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)