netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NetBeans 10 vs NetBeans 10.0
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2018 11:26:43 GMT
On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 at 12:14, Christian Lenz <christian.lenz@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hey, I would like to bring this Topic up, Maybe it is a minor but yeah still discussable.

Well, yes, it's a minor! ;-)

In the (recent) past the main number made sense in the context of
alignment with the JDK.  And therefore the minor number was something
major.

With our new release schedule, I personally think it's better branded
as NetBeans 10, and we use 10.0, 10.1, etc. in case we decide for some
reason we need to roll a bug fix release during the NetBeans 10
window.  ie.  NetBeans 10.0 internally, NetBeans 10 to the world.

Best wishes,

Neil