netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Alexander Romanenko <a...@alex-tech-adventures.com>
Subject Re: [vcs] NetCAT 10
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2018 19:45:03 GMT
>  With respect to support for external tools like VCS, not using the IDE is
> always a workaround, so are all issues related to VCS classified as major?

Its only a workaround if the tool is advertising itself as "use at your own
risk"
If I like the comfort of using version control right along the editor, for
the benefit of not losing language and project specific context in the diff
viewer and such, which external tool is not aware of, and the tools fails,
you have everything from frustration of the tool not working as advertised,
to unrecoverable loss of work undermining trust.

If there are buttons that say they are supposed to do something, those
buttons really need to do the said thing, or remove them until future
version where its fixed.