netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue <donahu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolving previously failed test cases
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2018 16:39:11 GMT
On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 7:32 AM Glenn Holmer <cenbe@kolabnow.com.invalid>
wrote:

> On 10/26/2018 02:55 AM, Leo Donahue wrote:
> > Question:
> > If a test case passes in 10.0-vc1 but there was a bug report for this
> test
> > case in NetCAT 9.0 testing, how should I handle the JIRA?
> >
> > This issue did not occur in 10.0-vc1
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-558
>
> I'm not sure if users without admin privileges can remove an issue from
> a test, but I'm making a second pass through all of them to make sure
> the numbers are valid, and to remove those issues marked "resolved
> fixed". This should make it easier for the devs, as they can just click
> the issue numbers to check the reports. If anybody thinks that's a bad
> idea, please speak up!
>
> Looking at 558, it looks like you originally filed it, so you can go to
> JIRA and close it...

> <bold> if it no longer applies. </bold>

Basically I was just asking in general what to do with the existing JIRA
which is documented on a previous NetBeans release.  More specifically,
"resolve" or "close"?

By April of 2019 will anyone care about the JIRA bug documented against
NetBeans 9?  I will be thinking to myself.. should I resolve or close this
or wait...  It may still be a problem on a different environment.
Who decides what is resolved and when?

To me, it seems like the issue should be resolved or closed against the
same code base used when the bug was filed.
Since I don't keep up with the DEV side of NetBeans, maybe I should be, I
don't know what has changed that would give me a passing test case in
10.0-vc1 (which would help me to know what to do with the JIRA).

Ultimately, I don't want to document issues and then hope someone else
figures them out.

Maybe this is more of a JIRA topic that can be discussed and recorded for
those of us who are in different time zones?  Or put some NetCAT JIRA
guidelines on the wiki?