netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [vcs] NetCAT 10
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:46:03 GMT
On 10/23/2018 12:23 PM, Leo Donahue wrote:
> For someone who steps into NetCAT for their first time, I do wish the VCS
> Subversion specs did not build on the success of the previous test. One
> fail and you have to start all over to get to a stable IDE state, but the
> test after fail test expects previous test to work, so it's kind of
> frustrating to be sure what I report is valid or not.

Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing we can improve in the future!

> I really like the page which classifies the level of issue between major,
> critical and blocker.
>
> With respect to support for external tools like VCS, not using the IDE is
> always a workaround, so are all issues related to VCS classified as major?

By "not using the IDE", do you mean using the CLI Subversion client from
within NetBeans? It still interfaces with that from its GUI, right? An
issue should be raised if NetBeans doesn't interact with the CLI client
correctly. If you run up against a specific issue, please bring it up
here and other Subversion users may be able to help.

> I will add myself back to wiki.. can you make me a place in synergy for vcs
> subversion?

Assigned, thanks for testing!

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)