netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>
Subject NetCAT test assignments
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 15:20:48 GMT
Hello fellow NetCATters,

We are almost a week into our allocated three weeks of testing the
NetBeans 10.0 release. But looking at the test assignments:

http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/run/29/v/2

we can see that we are getting off to a slow start. Please remember, the
test specs take some time to complete, and we are on a shorter schedule
than we have been in the past.

Is everyone OK with their test spec assignments? Would others also like
to volunteer for an assignment to improve the results?

In fact, we could use some feedback on how test assignments are created.
This is my first time helping to coordinate NetCAT, so I'm still
familiarizing myself with how everything works behind the scenes. Should we:

1) Give everyone an assignment within their tribe, trying to make sure
that operating systems are well-covered and the number of people per
spec is balanced (frankly, an awful lot of work for the coordinators)?

2) Assign one person to each test spec and ask for volunteers to be
added, hoping for good coverage?

3) Some other combination of the above?

Keep in mind that those without specific assignments can still test
NetBeans by using it day-to-day and filing issues for problems they
encounter.

What are your thoughts?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)