netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Jiří Kovalský <jiri.koval...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: NetCAT 10.0 evaluation
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 17:49:13 GMT
Hi Geertjan,

nice post-mortem summary. My rough comments:

1. The proposal represents very minimalistic version of NetCAT, which
however in the past used to be a platform with a defined start and end
dates, where people gathered around particular features, distributed
work, reviewed test specs for accuracy (updated old ones or created
brand new ones) and then started testing daily builds, discussed their
findings, filed issues, reviewed tutorials, participated in surveys.
Activity of individual participants was tracked and evaluated at the end
and best participants were rewarded for their activity and contribution
and then everyone had time to catch up with other things/projects/life
so from that point of view I can't predict if and how same people will
keep contributing in the long term.

2. I agree we need to invite volunteers and immediately start finding
tribe leaders and then utilize them. Not doing this for NetCAT 10.0 was
a big mistake. Typically these should be the best performers from
previous runs.

3. Identified blockers need constant attention. Testing stuff is only a
step A. Step B (fixing bugs) is equally if not more important.

4. Wasn't there a discussion about only 3 releases per calendar year?
This would lower the rush and increase quality IMO.

-Jirka