netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [profiler] JavaSE Unit Tests Spec
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2018 13:40:02 GMT
On 10/05/2018 05:08 AM, Peter Hull wrote:
> http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/case/5898/suite/2245/v/1
> In the review of this spec, I can't see the option to "CPU -> Analyze
> Performance -> Advanced (instrumented)" or "Memory -> Analyze Memory
> -> Advanced (instruments)".
> Can someone tell me where it is, or maybe this refers to a previous version?

It's quite possible that it no longer exists, as the profiler underwent
a major rewrite around NetBeans 8.1 and the specs didn't get updated.
Here are some resources for figuring out how it is meant to work and
updating the test cases:

The New and Noteworthy for previous NetBeans versions can help you track
UI changes, since they have lots of screenshots:

http://wiki.netbeans.org/NewAndNoteWorthy

Jiri Sedlacek of Oracle wrote a blog entry about the profiler when 8.1
was released:

https://blogs.oracle.com/nbprofiler/getting-started-with-netbeans-profiler-81

There is also a profiler wiki on the "old" NetBeans site that has
screenshots:

http://wiki.netbeans.org/Profiler

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)