netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Christian Lenz <christian.l...@gmx.net>
Subject NetBeans 10 vs NetBeans 10.0
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2018 11:13:47 GMT
Hey, I would like to bring this Topic up, Maybe it is a minor but yeah still discussable.
Often People Talking About NetBeans 10 or NetBeans 10.0. Often we are using both as you can
see inside of the Jira tickets and Mailing List and public Chanels, etc. Our Branch is called
nb100 which Points to 10.0 not to 10. Like the history of NetBeans it is Always that we use
*.0. 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and last but not least 9.0. (Branding, Splashscreen, etc.) Why did we stopped
here?

We should be consistent. There is no reason to remove the *.0 after we reached 10. So for
me it is clear, #bringbackthezero we already have it, only the Splash screen, About Dialog
and some titles etc. uses 10, instead of 100 or 10.0. It is not for me to be for or against
10.0 or, but we should be consistent in using 10 OR 10.0 over the rest.
My 2 cents.

Cheers

Chris