netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Is list still going
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 13:16:47 GMT
On 08/26/2018 07:47 AM, paloris_J wrote:
> I notice that on the archives that there is no new emailsĀ

NetCAT for 9.0 has completed, so that's perfectly normal.

But it's never too early to start thinking about the next NetCAT,
especially with the shorter release cycle NetBeans will be undertaking.
My own concern is with the test specifications, which had gotten out of
date over the years. Now we NetBeans users are responsible for all of
this ourselves. In the Profiler tribe, there was not even time to update
all of the specs to reflect the current functionality of NetBeans.

Are we comfortable with these specifications now? Are they the best way
to test NetBeans releases? What should we be doing ahead of time to
prepare for the next NetCAT? And most importantly, what is the role of
NetCAT in the new Apache world of NetBeans? How should NetCAT fit into
the development and release process?

I'd be curious to hear people's opinions on these questions.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)