netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Rick Hegarty <skom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NetBeans 9.0 VC2 build artefacts uploaded to dist.apache.org for NetCAT
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 09:07:19 GMT
I spent about 90 minutes testing VC2:

   - I chose not to import 8.2 settings (since Glenn did), and installed
   nb-javac.
   - No plugins were available, but 44 plugins were already installedI
   created, debugged and tested Java 9 and Java 10 applications with no
   issues.
   - I created, debugged and tested Java 9 and Java 10 applications with no
   issues.
   - JDK Javadoc help worked fine, but clicking the Help button on any
   NetBeans window (e.g. Tools > Options) does nothing.
   - Moving and docking windows, and changing fonts and colors all worked
   fine.
   - All my usual keyboard shortcuts worked fine.
   - Like Glenn, I noticed some unnecessarily small fonts in various
   places. For example: Tools > Options > Fonts & Colors > Versioning: "*Some
   colors may not be....*"
   - Using Maven worked fine.
   - One strange minor issue: after creating a couple of Java applications
   and then restarting NetBeans the *Start Page > My NetBeans* incorrectly
   reported *<no recent project>*
   - *Start Page > Take A Tour *and  *Start Page > What's New  *send me to
   NetBeans 8.x pages in the browser.
   - *Start Page > Featured Demo* sends me to a dead YouTube link.
   - A very minor point, but some of the links on *Start Page > What's New
   > News & Tutorials *are over 4 years old!
   - There was just one exception in the IDE Log. It occurred when I tried
   to check for plugins:

usage: InstallPlugins
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.DownloadListener]:
Reading URL
https://netbeans.apache.org/nb/updates/9.0/updates.xml.gz?unique=0efed4c50-0d22-4f46-8a74-3c8e73a52f45_cd791539-7683-474d-a14d-9f3babd241cd
failed (java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect)
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.ui.Utilities]: Connection timed out:
connect
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)
at
java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:85)

   - I realize that most of the issues I am detailing are fairly minor, and
   may not be specific to VC2.
   - No plugins and no NetBeans Help are the only two significant issues
   that I found with VC2.

Rick