netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Jiří Kovalský <jiri.koval...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: NetBeans 9.0 VC2 build artefacts uploaded to dist.apache.org for NetCAT
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2018 07:19:53 GMT
Hi Rick,

let me reply to two of your questions:

1. The fact that you only see 2 available plugins is as designed,
because we currently have two plugins published in the NetBeans Plugin
Portal [1] which are compatible with 9.0 version. If you switch to
Installed tab, uninstall some plugin you will notice Available Plugins
(3) suddenly. In other words, your IDE reports it is up-to-date except
the two plugins on Plugin Portal.

2. Help in 9.0 was not functioning correctly #NETBEANS-492 [2] and so
the decision was made to disable it centrally as there was no volunteer
to fix it. It would be great if you can take a look at it and fix
#NETBEANS-656.

[1] http://plugins.netbeans.org
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-492
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-656

Thanks for your feedback and contribution!

Best regards,
-Jirka

Dne 6.7.2018 v 11:07 Rick Hegarty napsal(a):
> I spent about 90 minutes testing VC2:
>
>     - I chose not to import 8.2 settings (since Glenn did), and installed
>     nb-javac.
>     - No plugins were available, but 44 plugins were already installedI
>     created, debugged and tested Java 9 and Java 10 applications with no
>     issues.
>     - I created, debugged and tested Java 9 and Java 10 applications with no
>     issues.
>     - JDK Javadoc help worked fine, but clicking the Help button on any
>     NetBeans window (e.g. Tools > Options) does nothing.
>     - Moving and docking windows, and changing fonts and colors all worked
>     fine.
>     - All my usual keyboard shortcuts worked fine.
>     - Like Glenn, I noticed some unnecessarily small fonts in various
>     places. For example: Tools > Options > Fonts & Colors > Versioning:
"*Some