netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Jan Lahoda <lah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's next?
Date Thu, 10 May 2018 09:32:02 GMT
On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Neil C Smith <neilcsmith@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 9 May 2018 at 22:51 Jan Lahoda <lahoda@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Neil. I've submitted:
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-website/pull/40
> >
> > Not really sure if I did it correctly, though. The target of the redirect
> > does not exist yet. I added "updates" to the URL as well, so the path is:
> > /nb/updates/9.0/
> > (e.g. /nb/updates/9.0/updates.xml.gz ->
> > http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/uc/9.0/updates.xml.gz)
> >

> Thanks!  Just made a comment on the (already merged) PR, but that redirect
> should be to https I believe?

Eventually, probably yes. But http is better for now IMO: at least some of
the Apache mirrors use http, and we may need to redirect to them. So we
need to test if everything works correctly (quite possibly not) when going
from https to http. Unless we can convince Apache that all mirrors should
run on https, of course.

> Also, I'd personally prefer nb/9.0/updates to try and keep all version
> specific links under a common root too.

Ok with me.

> I can edit either / both now if agreed?

Thanks,