netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue <donahu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vcs] Subversion - Checkout
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 18:44:55 GMT
Thank you Niklas,

>> SVN does not store the username in the working copy
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.locking.html

The svn redbook seems misleading.
"The fact that the *svn info* command, which does not contact the
repository when run against working copy paths, can display the lock token
reveals an important piece of information about those tokens: they are
cached in the working copy"

All of the files in .subversion/auth on my workstation and subversion
server are empty.  I thought those were used for svnserve?  Lock Feature
test suite doesn't indicate what kind of repository to use.

I closed NetBeans, leaving these two projects in the state they were when I
emailed.

I re-opened NetBeans.

File in Project1 shows "Unlock" in Team menu.  Attempting Unlock says
authentication failed with log message:

==[IDE]== Apr 5, 2018 12:01:27 PM Unlocking Files...
unlock  /home/leo/workspace/netbeans/test1/Project1/src/project1/Main.java
Authentication failed
svn: No more credentials or we tried too many times.
Authentication failed

The dialog that opened asking me for user credentials, I supply "user1"
credentials and get this error in log:

unlock  /home/leo/workspace/netbeans/test1/Project1/src/project1/Main.java
Username does not match lock owner
svn: Unlock of 'Main.java' failed (403 Forbidden)

==[IDE]== Apr 5, 2018 12:09:40 PM Unlocking Files... finished.

Double check (some info redacted):

~/workspace/netbeans/test1/Project1/src/project1$ sudo svn status Main.java
     K  Main.java
~/workspace/netbeans/test1/Project1/src/project1$ sudo svn info Main.java
Relative URL: ^/Project1/src/project1/Main.java
Repository Root: http://subversion.domain.com/svn/repo1
Repository UUID:
Revision: 12
Node Kind: file
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: user1
Last Changed Rev: 12
Last Changed Date: 2018-04-04 19:40:42 -0600 (Wed, 04 Apr 2018)
Text Last Updated: 2018-04-04 19:42:29 -0600 (Wed, 04 Apr 2018)
Checksum:
Lock Token: opaquelocktoken:
*Lock Owner: user2*
Lock Created: 2018-04-04 19:44:27 -0600 (Wed, 04 Apr 2018)
Lock Comment (1 line):
Lock Project1 Main.java in test1 workspace. No Force.

For Lock Features test suite, if I use the same single user credentials to
lock a file in test case #1, why would test case #4 even have the option to
"Lock" the same file again?  And Lock it again in test case #5?

Before I mark test cases as failed, I want to make sure I am following the
spirit of the test case.