netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <netbe...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: [vcs] Subversion - Checkout
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 22:34:31 GMT
On Thu 2018-04-05 at 16:03h, Leo Donahue wrote on netcat:
> Thanks for clarification on the cached credentials.
>
> Test case #1 file in Project 1 is locked.
> Test case #4 file with same name like in previous, file with same name like
> in previous, file with same name like in previous - is the same file as
> test case #1 in project 1.
> The menu option to even try to lock this file from Project 1 isn't
> available. unlock only.  I got confused as to whether the file is supposed
> to be locked or the menu items aren't working right.

Test case #3 steals the lock from Project1 to Project2, but Projec1
still believes it has the lock. I now agree there is a problem with
test case #4. Project1 needs to be updated first so that it notices
that its lock was stolen. Then the lock action is available again and
the test case can proceed as described. Maybe you could amend the test
case accordingly.

There is an actual issue when trying to unlock a lock that has been
stolen away. SVN output indicates that the lock isn't valid [1], but
NetBeans ignores this and doesn't notify the user that the action
failed and that the working copy needs an update. I'll create a Jira
issue for that tomorrow (have to leave now).

Niklas

[1]
unlock  <path-to-file>
Filesystem has no such lock
svn: No lock on path '<file>' (400 Bad Request)