netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <netbe...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: source level in sample apps
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2018 15:15:00 GMT
This is part of the sample project's configuration.
See ${nb-install}/java/modules/org-netbeans-modules-java-examples.jar
-> org/netbeans/modules/java/examples/anagrams.zip
-> nbproject/project.properties:

javac.source=1.6
javac.target=1.6

"New project" just creates a copy of the sample project, including project configuration,
and doesn't change anything.

I think it makes sense, when copying, to keep the source level that the sample project was
originally created with, because otherwise a newer source level could result in compiler warnings
or even errors. It might make sense to update the sample projects themselves to Java 1.8,
though.

Niklas