netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Rick Hegarty <skom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [core] Missing extbrowser*.dll libraries on Windows
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:12:13 GMT
Jirka,

I was just about to report the same problem on Windows 10. It occurs if you
select any browser option except *Embedded WebKit Browser* (which works
fine). The stack trace is slightly different if you pick a specific browser
such as Chrome of Firefox but the underlying problem is the same.

You can also see the same issue in several other ways:

   - Build a simple web project and run it when the *Web Browser* is
not  *Embedded
   WebKit Browser*.
   - In the editor place your cursor over any JDK method or class (e.g.
   *println()* or *System*), right click and select *Show Javadoc* from the
   popup menu.
   - In the *Projects* panel select some entry under *Libraries* (.e.g. *JDK
   1.8*) or *Test Libraries* (e.g. JUnit 4.12), right click and select *Show
   Javadoc*.
   - In the *Projects* panel select some project node,  right click and
   select *Generate Javadoc* from the popup menu.

I suspect that any other actions in NetBeans that require opening a browser
when it is not set to *Embedded WebKit Browser*  will show similar failures.

Rick

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>