netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [core] Missing extbrowser*.dll libraries on Windows
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 18:10:15 GMT
The DLLs are provided as a ZIP:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/454/commits/
8a74412281e04733894d66bddec83f7021ac24ec

The next step would be to put them in the right place in the build -- can
someone suggest how to do that.

Thanks,

Gj


On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 6:55 PM, Jiří Kovalský <jiri.kovalsky@oracle.com>
wrote:

> BTW, the fix is coming. ;)
>
> -Jirka
>
> Dne 14.3.2018 v 18:33 Jiří Kovalský napsal(a):
>
>> Thanks Rick. Can you please add your findings to the bug?
>>
>> -Jirka
>>
>> Dne 14.3.2018 v 18:12 Rick Hegarty napsal(a):
>>
>>> Jirka,
>>>
>>> I was just about to report the same problem on Windows 10. It occurs if
>>> you select any browser option except *Embedded WebKit Browser* (which works
>>> fine). The stack trace is slightly different if you pick a specific browser
>>> such as Chrome of Firefox but the underlying problem is the same.
>>>
>>> You can also see the same issue in several other ways:
>>>
>>>   * Build a simple web project and run it when the *Web Browser* is not
>>>     *Embedded WebKit Browser*.
>>>   * In the editor place your cursor over any JDK method or class (e.g.
>>>     *println()* or *System*), right click and select *Show Javadoc* from
>>>     the popup menu.
>>>   * In the *Projects* panel select some entry under *Libraries* (.e.g.
>>>     *JDK 1.8*) or *Test Libraries* (e.g. JUnit 4.12), right click and
>>>     select *Show Javadoc*.
>>>   * In the*Projects*panel select some project node, right click and
>>>     select*Generate Javadoc*from the popup menu.
>>> I suspect that any other actions in NetBeans that require opening a
>>> browser when it is not set to *Embedded WebKit Browser*  will show similar
>>> failures.
>>>
>>> Rick
>>>
>>>
>>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.
>>> avg.com_email-2Dsignature-3Futm-5Fmedium-3Demail-26utm-
>>> 5Fsource-3Dlink-26utm-5Fcampaign-3Dsig-2Demail-
>>> 26utm-5Fcontent-3Dwebmail&d=DwMFaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8P
>>> Zh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0x0SKeT5e3IehhQKCbQ2xl3tz40jnCU
>>> 133NrdP4&m=9OLOdz7TqjubXtDaUXPgaFAQ8FqFNbSnEFJWpcJRaTU&s=HH0
>>> TSju2ipThDmgzuA8sEip89unIgXvMExC-wAqvNAg&e=>     Virus-free. www.avg.com
>>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.
>>> avg.com_email-2Dsignature-3Futm-5Fmedium-3Demail-26utm-
>>> 5Fsource-3Dlink-26utm-5Fcampaign-3Dsig-2Demail-
>>> 26utm-5Fcontent-3Dwebmail&d=DwMFaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8P
>>> Zh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0x0SKeT5e3IehhQKCbQ2xl3tz40jnCU
>>> 133NrdP4&m=9OLOdz7TqjubXtDaUXPgaFAQ8FqFNbSnEFJWpcJRaTU&s=HH0
>>> TSju2ipThDmgzuA8sEip89unIgXvMExC-wAqvNAg&e=>
>>>
>>> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Jiří Kovalský <
>>> jiri.kovalsky@oracle.com <mailto:jiri.kovalsky@oracle.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi team,
>>>
>>>         our colleague Efrem has reported that he couldn't open any web
>>>     browser [1] via Window > Web > Web Browser menu action due to
>>>     missing extbrowser.dll and extbrowser64.dll libraries in
>>>     <netbeans_install_dir>/ide/modules/lib directory.
>>>
>>>     [1] https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.
>>> apache.org_jira_browse_NETBEANS-2D461&d=DwIDaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCg
>>> aWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0x0SKeT5e3IehhQKCbQ2
>>> xl3tz40jnCU133NrdP4&m=2YAAf863Ni930hIXuA_dugguW1KTiw9lwXGQEA
>>> 74GmQ&s=9slOhGB4AqvjaS8wRk3ZgNODatC8eH-DdNlFCYre_Lw&e=
>>>     <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__
>>> issues.apache.org_jira_browse_NETBEANS-2D461&d=DwMFaQ&c=RoP1
>>> YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0x0SKeT5e3Iehh
>>> QKCbQ2xl3tz40jnCU133NrdP4&m=9OLOdz7TqjubXtDaUXPgaFAQ8FqFNbSn
>>> EFJWpcJRaTU&s=i4eWQ3ccrY0QnA_epLBN1qusmA3xjfF9Ms47GRr0k9A&e=>
>>>
>>>         Can somebody on Windows please reproduce it as well after fresh
>>>     extraction of the latest Apache NetBeans 9.0 development build [2]
>>>     from ZIP archive?
>>>
>>>     [2] https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__builds.
>>> apache.org__job_incubator-2Dnetbeans-2Dlinux&d=DwIDaQ&c=RoP1
>>> YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0x0SKeT5e3Iehh
>>> QKCbQ2xl3tz40jnCU133NrdP4&m=2YAAf863Ni930hIXuA_dugguW1KTiw9l
>>> wXGQEA74GmQ&s=BfyfSIT_X5kAGxtyimRVsMFUVJf2sVjZjTa65yCxAZE&e=
>>>     <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__
>>> builds.apache.org__job_incubator-2Dnetbeans-2Dlinux&d=
>>> DwMFaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0
>>> x0SKeT5e3IehhQKCbQ2xl3tz40jnCU133NrdP4&m=9OLOdz7TqjubXtDaUXP
>>> gaFAQ8FqFNbSnEFJWpcJRaTU&s=0cVmcgXNiPOkzoEH8GMrKppu5KPZ3riGU
>>> uPSEUOU7-o&e=>
>>>
>>>     Thanks a lot!
>>>     -Jirka
>>>
>>>     ------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ---------
>>>     To unsubscribe, e-mail: netcat-unsubscribe@netbeans.apache.org
>>>     <mailto:netcat-unsubscribe@netbeans.apache.org>
>>>     For additional commands, e-mail: netcat-help@netbeans.apache.org
>>>     <mailto:netcat-help@netbeans.apache.org>
>>>
>>>     For further information about the NetBeans mailing lists, visit:
>>>     https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cwiki.a
>>> pache.org_confluence_display_NETBEANS_Mailing-2Blists&d=DwID
>>> aQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0x0SK
>>> eT5e3IehhQKCbQ2xl3tz40jnCU133NrdP4&m=2YAAf863Ni930hIXuA_dugg
>>> uW1KTiw9lwXGQEA74GmQ&s=dfGBQEeF7m5UUdbF-UCoZyQAUQrJrNOsd3LVKBeCDlY&e=
>>>     <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cwiki.
>>> apache.org_confluence_display_NETBEANS_Mailing-2Blists&d=
>>> DwMFaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0
>>> x0SKeT5e3IehhQKCbQ2xl3tz40jnCU133NrdP4&m=9OLOdz7TqjubXtDaUXP
>>> gaFAQ8FqFNbSnEFJWpcJRaTU&s=2Z4x4e09QDy2QJW2spLnHS-HhCjXo2yRM
>>> H82sYvLuQA&e=>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: netcat-unsubscribe@netbeans.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: netcat-help@netbeans.apache.org
>>
>> For further information about the NetBeans mailing lists, visit:
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cwiki.a
>> pache.org_confluence_display_NETBEANS_Mailing-2Blists&d=DwID
>> aQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=8_Pz0x0SK
>> eT5e3IehhQKCbQ2xl3tz40jnCU133NrdP4&m=2YAAf863Ni930hIXuA_dugg
>> uW1KTiw9lwXGQEA74GmQ&s=dfGBQEeF7m5UUdbF-UCoZyQAUQrJrNOsd3LVKBeCDlY&e=
>>
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: netcat-unsubscribe@netbeans.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: netcat-help@netbeans.apache.org
>
> For further information about the NetBeans mailing lists, visit:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Mailing+lists
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message