netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Luca Mambretti <luca.mambre...@bizeta.net>
Subject Re: [maven] Test specs split
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2018 20:22:49 GMT
Obviously I've forgot to add that the EE label is already there so only the SE should be added
assuming synergy cannot run tests with labels in exclude mode.

Regards
Luca
----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: "Luca Mambretti" <luca.mambretti@bizeta.net>
A: "Eric Barboni" <skygo@apache.org>
Cc: "netcat" <netcat@netbeans.apache.org>
Inviato: Sabato, 10 marzo 2018 21:20:14
Oggetto: Re: [maven] Test specs split

Hi Eric,

I've started quick reviewing the mentioned test cases, I also expected nothing or almost nothing
would have changed, but there is one thing that bothers me, practically everything relating
to java EE is out of scope for this first apache run, so some of the cases cannot be covered
unless the java EE modules are pulled from the old repository.

I do not think removing these tests to be wise, since they'll have to be rewritten as soon
as the EE bits are pulled back in, on the other hand running a full test suite without pulling
the EE bits out would involve a lot of skipping on the tester side, to avoid this maybe we
could add a SE,EE label to the existing cases to drive the testing during the full run, do
you think this would be enough, or it would be better to separate the maven test specification
in 2 separate sections SE and EE, it would require a lot more time compared to setting only
labels on the existing tests, but it would have the added benefit of splitting up this pretty
large test specification in 2 potentially more manageable ones, con would be that something
would most probably have to be duplicated.

Unfortunately today I've had less time than what I expected so could not cover much of the
specification, but I do hope to have a little more time tomorrow so I might be able to at
least add labels.

Let me know what you think,

Regards,
Luca