netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From "Eric Barboni" <sk...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [maven] test scope and rewrite
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2018 15:44:05 GMT
Test specs done and affected to tribe.

I put issue in the new specs and remove the label that are now useless.

Regards

Eric

De : Hermien Pellissier <miena.moo@gmail.com>
Envoyé : mercredi 14 mars 2018 15:10
À : Eric Barboni <skygo@apache.org>
Cc : netcat@netbeans.apache.org; Jiří Kovalský <jiri.kovalsky@oracle.com>
Objet : Re: [maven] test scope and rewrite

Hi Eric,

I think it is a very good idea to split that very long test spec into three according to technology!

Postponing Maven+JavaEE testing sounds good to me. However, the NetBeans platform is in fact
a part of this current version of the IDE. If there are any reasons why the Maven+NetBeans
Platform tests are not currently able to be run, please do let us know!

~ Hermien

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Eric Barboni <skygo@apache.org <mailto:skygo@apache.org>
> wrote:

Hi Hermien, Hi Jirka

I have one urgent (before 19th march)  point to discuss. I would be happy to have feedback.

According to Luca comment, I would like to rewrite the maven test spec to split according
to technology like javase javaee and NetBeans platform. This may help building more precise
test later for those specific topic.

Would it be ok if do 3 separate spec ?

Other topic for testing maven related stuff

OS issue for jdk9+

 On jdk 10, NetBeans cannot be launch except if config file is modified to have jdk path set.
 (Issue related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-417)

This is a complex task as it is related to build on how to put the native nicely in the process.

Infra Issue

  Apache NetBeans is not bundled with javaEE at the moment. If we activate the javaEE support
we use javaEE support from the Oracle NetBeans.

  Maven repository for NetBeans Artefact is populated from Oracle NetBeans source.  There
is no process set to populate from the Apache Build for what I know.

Should we postpone the javaEE and mavenized platform test ?

Best Regards

Eric