netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From "Joseph Jalbert" <jjalb...@allegan.net>
Subject Java Editor Tribe
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2018 04:26:55 GMT
I tried downloading NetBeans from
https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-linux/   and after
unzipping it works well on my machine.

I am using the Windows development version which can be updated every few
days.

The update before the last took 6 hours on my machine.  No emails or
internet for me while updating.

Windows Development works like NetCat only no specific testing, just use it,
the logs and such are automatically uploaded, and they ask you what you were
doing when the wheels fell off!

I have JDK 8 and 10 loaded on my machine, with 8 being the default.
NetBeans started up cleanly.

I changed the configuration file so it would start off of JDK 10 and
NetBeans also started cleanly with JKD10.

I believe I am all set to start some testing.

Some issues for me:

1.        The above long interruptions for windows updates (they are
mandatory as a part of the development program)

2.        I can't seem to access Synergy, this is already being discussed
and I assume things will clear up shortly.

3.        I might need a simple-minded breakdown of how to apply the test
and report problems. (simple mind being mine of course!)

4.        I may be unresponsive for days at a time because of my life.

 I am expecting the arrival of my first grandchild within 24 hours, so I
have no idea how distracting this will be, and it is first priority of
course.