netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Jiří Kovalský <jiri.koval...@oracle.com>
Subject [news] NetBeans 8.2 & JDK 8 Update 141 bundle testing
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:42:55 GMT
Hello NetCAT enthusiasts,

    first of all I would like to apologize for pulling you back in time
but while we are waiting for completion of the first NetBeans code
donation to Apache it is not that off-topic.

    JDK team has prepared another security update of JDK 8 and we were
asked to verify that NetBeans 8.2 works smoothly with it. That's why we
have rebuilt installers of the NetBeans & JDK bundle and started to
sanity test both installation and basic features today.

    The planned release date is July 18th and because we have only a
little time for the test it would be awesome if some NetCAT participants
could join us. Grab the right installers and check that these are signed
correctly and install the right binaries. For more information please
see this Wiki:

http://wiki.netbeans.org/NetBeans_82_JDK8u141_Bundle_GoNoGo

    The areas which need coverage are: Maven, Versioning (Git/Hg/SVN),
NetBeans modules development support, Databases, GUI builder, JavaFX,
JavaEE (JSP/JSF/XSD/DTD/XML) editors and PHP.

    If you want to participate, just add your name to the table and
download the installer for your operating system(s). If you find any
strange behavior, please bring it here first for further discussion and
report bug(s) after it's clarified.

Many thanks and happy testing!

Best regards,
Jirka & Hermien