netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Jiří Kovalský <jiri.koval...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [news] NetBeans 8.2 & JDK 8 Update 141 bundle testing
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2017 19:58:19 GMT
Hi David,

yes, please add yourself to the table. And many thanks for your test and
update of the incorrect JDK version!

Best regards,
-Jirka

Dne 15.7.2017 v 18:07 David Bolsover napsal(a):
> Hi All
>
> Downloaded, installed and tested windows x64 version.
> Gave it a good workout this morning with a couple of existing projects; concentrating
on GUI builder and Database aspects. Also created a new project with JFrame form. No problems
to reports.
> Existing Hibernate projects work just fine against MS SQLServer database and PervasiveSQL
(not officially supported) browsing and queries both OK.

>   Looking at the https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wiki.netbeans.org_NetBeans-5F82-5FJDK8u141-5FBundle-5FGoNoGo&d=DwIFBA&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PQcxBKCX5YTpkKY057SbK10&r=lNbsjsPBIlkvLk3cCo-v9Cl8OCHz_BBqfpuXTKAlzb4&m=vuxww3cA7_pQ_L4clxLp7CMPAIZ_sTCqMzrNG02Mnms&s=UVNOZ7Mu_JZQDfVdV0JuCf_8mLDfCsBHaAlLxlcGDgo&e=
 page I got rather confused - the table columns referenced JDK8u131/32b and JDKu131/64b. I've
taken liberty of updating these to show JDK8u141/32b and JDKu141/64b respectively.

> Should I add my name to the page? OK good to go from me.
>
> Regards, David
>
> David Bolsover

are waiting for completion of the first NetBeans code donation to Apache it is not that off-topic.

>      JDK team has prepared another security update of JDK 8 and we were asked to verify
that NetBeans 8.2 works smoothly with it. That's why we have rebuilt installers of the NetBeans
& JDK bundle and started to sanity test both installation and basic features today.

>      The planned release date is July 18th and because we have only a little time for
the test it would be awesome if some NetCAT participants could join us. Grab the right installers
and check that these are signed correctly and install the right binaries. For more information
please see this Wiki:

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wiki.netbeans.org_NetBeans-5F82-5FJDK8u141-5FBundle-5FGoNoGo&d=DwIFBA&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PQcxBKCX5YTpkKY057SbK10&r=lNbsjsPBIlkvLk3cCo-v9Cl8OCHz_BBqfpuXTKAlzb4&m=vuxww3cA7_pQ_L4clxLp7CMPAIZ_sTCqMzrNG02Mnms&s=UVNOZ7Mu_JZQDfVdV0JuCf_8mLDfCsBHaAlLxlcGDgo&e=
>
>      The areas which need coverage are: Maven, Versioning (Git/Hg/SVN), NetBeans modules
development support, Databases, GUI builder, JavaFX, JavaEE (JSP/JSF/XSD/DTD/XML) editors
and PHP.

>      If you want to participate, just add your name to the table and download the installer
for your operating system(s). If you find any strange behavior, please bring it here first
for further discussion and report bug(s) after it's clarified.