netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Jean-François El Fouly <jean-franc...@elfouly.fr>
Subject Re: [news] NetBeans 8.2 & JDK 8 Update 141 bundle testing
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:20:18 GMT
Windows 7 64 bits, NetBeans 8.2 with jdk8u141 64 bits:
I have completed all tests tagged "sanity" in Synergy for the Maven perimeter. Could not properly
complete 10.5 and 10.6 but that's probably just my test environment.

No particular issue :-)

Jean-François

> Le 14 juil. 2017 à 12:42, Jiří Kovalský <jiri.kovalsky@oracle.com> a écrit
:

> Hello NetCAT enthusiasts,
>
>   first of all I would like to apologize for pulling you back in time but while we are
waiting for completion of the first NetBeans code donation to Apache it is not that off-topic.

>   JDK team has prepared another security update of JDK 8 and we were asked to verify
that NetBeans 8.2 works smoothly with it. That's why we have rebuilt installers of the NetBeans
& JDK bundle and started to sanity test both installation and basic features today.

>   The planned release date is July 18th and because we have only a little time for the
test it would be awesome if some NetCAT participants could join us. Grab the right installers
and check that these are signed correctly and install the right binaries. For more information
please see this Wiki:

> http://mailtrack.me/tracking/raWzMz50paMkCGZ3AmHkZGH1ZwDzMKWjqzA2pzSaqaR9AQp4Awt4ZwVlWay2LKu2pG0kZmR1AwN5AwtmA1x
>
>   The areas which need coverage are: Maven, Versioning (Git/Hg/SVN), NetBeans modules
development support, Databases, GUI builder, JavaFX, JavaEE (JSP/JSF/XSD/DTD/XML) editors
and PHP.

>   If you want to participate, just add your name to the table and download the installer
for your operating system(s). If you find any strange behavior, please bring it here first
for further discussion and report bug(s) after it's clarified.