netbeans-netcat mailing list archives

From Jiří Kovalský <jiri.koval...@oracle.com>
Subject [news] Welcome to NetCAT 9.0 program!
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 23:25:09 GMT
Hello NetCAT 9.0 participants,

    let me first of all warmly welcome all the well known faces (ehm,
e-mails :) in this new Apache hosted NetCAT mailing list but more
importantly we are thrilled to see several new supporters!

    While there are almost 80 subscribers to this list, we have only 56
participants registered in the NetBeans dashboard [1] so if you don't
find your name in the table, we strongly suggest to sign up [2] as soon
as possible. Without passing this registration step, you won't have your
account created in Synergy and you won't be able to participate in the
official certification later.

[1] http://services.netbeans.org/dashboard/web/participants.php
[2] http://services.netbeans.org/dashboard/web/netcat_signup.php

    Today we have the very first assignment for you. As the initial
NetBeans code donation to Apache Incubator is just round the corner we
would like you to download the ZIP with NetBeans sources, extract these
locally, build the IDE with ANT and then give it your first test drive.
The more OS/JDK8/JDK9 configurations we get covered the better!

    If you spot anything suspicious either during the building process
or using the IDE later, don't hesitate to share your findings through
this list first and let's file common problems to JIRA [3] then.

[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS

The ZIP and instructions what to do are available here:

http://deadlock.netbeans.org/job/prototypes-donation_review/

Thanks for your help and we declare open the NetBeans Community
Acceptance Program (NetCAT) of version 9.0! :)

Happy testing,
Jirka & Hermien