netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio <anto...@vieiro.net>
Subject goldenfiles (was Re: Testing modules after review & licenses in test files?)
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 19:31:03 GMT

On 02/10/17 19:59, Matthias Bläsing wrote:
> Am Montag, den 02.10.2017, 19:33 +0200 schrieb Antonio Vieiro:
>
> Are you sure the added header causes the test to fail? From the look of
> the file I doubt that. If it is indeed the header that causes the

The licenses in headers have nothing to do with unit test failures.

Some golden files have also been modified with a new license ([1]) and
may cause qa-test failures (this is the editor module, after all,  and
may use text-specific positions for tests).

I think running qa-tests requires a special setup, right? So I cannot
qa-test the module. I'll mark it as "needs further testing" after the
review, or should I add an issue for these failing tests?

Thanks,
Antonio

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/editor/test/qa-functional/data/goldenfiles/org/netbeans/test/editor/general/GeneralTypingTest/testJavaEnterBeginAndEnd.pass