netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Vieiro <anto...@vieiro.net>
Subject Adding stuff to binaries-list
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2017 12:16:54 GMT
Hi all,

I’m currently reviewing the lexer module. This depends either in “antlr" or "antlr-runtime”
(I think it’s “antlr”), so I’ll need to add some stuff to the “external/binaries-list”
and the proper antlr license as well (as in [1]).

But I have some questions:

a) How do I know what the “old” binary & version were? Is this specified somewhere
in nbbuild? If so, where?

b) Let’s assume for a moment that this “lexer" module depends in antlr-runtime version
3.2. I see there’s another netbeans module “libs.antlr3.runtime” that depends on antlr-runtime-3.4.jar
[1], my question is: should I make a dependency to antlr-runtime-3.4.jar so as to reduce the
number of external versions or should I keep the antlr-runtime version 3.2?

c) How do I test the build? I.e.: If I add an entry to lexer/external/binaries-list, how do
I test things work properly? Would an “ant clean && ant try-me” do the check for
me? (I wouldn’t like to submit a PR without testing things first).

Thanks in advance,
Antonio

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/libs.antlr3.runtime/external/binaries-list