netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio <anto...@vieiro.net>
Subject Re: Heads up: Oracle internal urls (& git repos?) for unit tests
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 19:29:37 GMT

On 09/10/17 08:47, Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
> Unit tests shall be unit tests - e.g. not require special network setup to succeed.

That's a sentence that should be engraved in many foreheads... :-)

I don't know what the NetBeans qa/functional testing infrastructure
would require. Maybe some more knowledgeable is able to give some hints,
or a list of requirements for a more complete request to the Apache
INFRA people.

Or maybe we should end the license review first, and keep collecting in
the process any other testing requirements that may appear.

> We should find a way to exclude these tests (and some bugzilla one as well) when running:
>
> $ ant test
>
> One option is @RandomlyFails, other move to test/qa-functional - a place where hard to
set up test usually end up.

Your wish is my command. Let me know if I'm supposed to do anything.

Thanks,
Antonio