netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio <anto...@vieiro.net>
Subject Re: Integrating with complex third-party software
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2017 20:42:36 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to find something similar to Wildfly BOMs [1] in the
eclipse nexus repository without success. Maybe they don't have them.
I'd like to see a well defined set of module versions
(o.eclipse.core.net X.Y.Z, o.eclipse.core.runtime A.B.C, etc.), that are
tested to work together. I'll keep trying.

I think NetBeans should also provide these BOMs for different releases,
so you could include the "NetBeans 8.2 Platform BOM", or the "NetBeans
9.1 Platform BOM" in your project and forget about individual module
versions. Something to think about in the future.

I'll keep you posted of my findings.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1] https://github.com/wildfly/boms