netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 11:18:15 GMT

Le 04/11/16 à 11:51, Emilian Bold a écrit :
> It would allow Oracle to resume NetBeans development under the original
> dual license in case of a failed incubation.

I don't see the point. If incubation fails, ORA can still resume the
project, eitehr under an AL 2.0 license or under whatever license they
like : it's perfectly allowed to relicense AL 2.0 code, as soon as you
respect the AL 2.0 clauses :
http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#Distribute-changes

That means ORA can distribute NetBeans under GPL, assuming the inner
code is AL 2.0 and attribution is being made. Or ORA can decide to
rollback to the original GPL code, and aply the AL 2.0 changes made,
whch will remain AL 2.0., under a GPL license.

Sorry, but it sounds like you are preparing for divorce even before
being married... :-)

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com