netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: http://netbeans.apache.org
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:44:11 GMT
On 11/21/2016 09:39 AM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a great web design ready by Chris Lenz, how do we hook that up to
> http://netbeans.apache.org?

First, you'll need somewhere to put this web site; either subversion or
git. Once you've decided on that, you can request the repository (your
mentors can have it automatically created for you) and then all you need
to do is file a ticket to have the web site set up with either svnpubsub
or gitpubsub (two pub/sub protocols we use for syncing data across
machines here).

Is this going to be just a static checkin, or do you need a generator
that converts from one format (markdown etc) to html? if so, you might
wanna discuss getting a buildbot config set up for doing this.

You will likely also need to keep the site in two places. In subversion,
you would keep the source in a source/ dir and the published content in
a publish/ dir, while in git you would keep the source in the master
branch and the published site in the asf-site branch.