netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The various Apache NetBeans (incubating) mailing lists
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 10:35:16 GMT
> Can it be moved to be a child of "Apache Transition"?

Sure, you can move it. If you can't, I'll login later and move it myself.

> I suggest using a blog for those weekly news

That's also good. What's important is the content and providing people a
semi-automated way of getting NetBeans news. A blog + RSS is also good, and
we could hook it up into NetBeans' Start Page that's shown at the IDE
startup.

@Geertjan: what about everything else? Could you get in touch with the
current mailing list admins and start work on the mailing lists I've marked
as READ-ONLY?

After actually looking at the traffic I don't think this migration will be
as painful as I assumed.

One thing I've noticed is that forum-posted email messages don't have
attachments but links to forum URLs (I assume for security reasons). So
when we turn off the forums some historical attachments will be lost.

--emi