netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version control advice
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:32:16 GMT
A releases/ clone which on my system takes 3.8GB is reduced to 1.6GB with
the generaldelta and aggressivemergedeltas flags (took about 14 hours).

Pretty impressive!

Converting to git with hg-fast-export.sh complains that "repository has at
least one unnamed head" for about 6 revisions. With --force I'm able to
start the conversion but it hasn't finished yet.

The git conversion is about 35% done and already using 1.3GB.

So... I assume it's going to need just like the original repository about
3.8GB.

I wonder if git has similar space-saving tricks?

--emi