netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The various Apache NetBeans (incubating) mailing lists
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:14:24 GMT
I have just created
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Mailing+lists+migration
with
a table describing all the existing NetBeans mailing lists,  as well as a
next action recommendation based on the traffic I saw on the archives.

There are a lot of lists with no traffic that we could immediately make
read-only. A standard message should be created and sent to the list to
notify the list is closed and a pointer to the Apache list.

I also believe we can do an orderly migration of netcat@netbeans.org and
announcing the migration and just check for the next months that we have no
discussion there. We should also set a deadline for these lists to become
read-only (say, 3 months from the 1st announcement?).

We should place announcements on the other mailing lists as well but set a
longer read-only dead-line perhaps?

nbannounce@ (how many are there?)

I don't know what will happen to nbweekly@ under Apache. @Geertjan: I
assume you managed it mostly alone? I think it's a valuable list, we should
preserve it under Apache.

--emi