netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial code cleanup
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 20:08:22 GMT
Could a mentor confirm that GPL with Classpath Exception has the same
treatment as GPL and LGPL? My impression is that GPL w/ CPE is also a
category X license.

javahelp seems to be under GNU GPL 2 with CPE and we do use it:
http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/file/5fd841261bf9/
javahelp/external/jhall-2.0_05-license.txt

So, we could either use another javahelp implementation (is there any?),
or, my pick, just replace java help with online links then move the help
files to the wiki or some help site section.

--emi