netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 09:02:53 GMT
There are about 4 nb-javac repositories you need to exclude.

I don't believe it's sufficient for Oracle to maintain nb-javac and provide
binaries under GPL v2 w/ CPE because we cannot include GPL binaries in
Apache products (category X).

This seems like a blocker to me for the Java editor.

One solution would be for this to be part of OpenJDK/Oracle JDK proper and
then we have it at runtime.

Same with Graal.js, I don't believe we can use it. Either Graal.js becomes
part of Nashorn APIs and we have it at runtime in OpenJDK or we switch to
something else. We could revive the previous JavaScript editor based on
Mozilla Rhino which is MPL.

Could any of the mentors / legal confirm my interpretation wrt GPL w/ CPE
dependencies?

Pe joi, 3 noiembrie 2016, Geertjan Wielenga <
geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> a scris:

--

--emi