netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Tushar Joshi <tusharjo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: http://netbeans.apache.org
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:55:08 GMT
On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:

> You will likely also need to keep the site in two places. In subversion,
> you would keep the source in a source/ dir and the published content in
> a publish/ dir, while in git you would keep the source in the master
> branch and the published site in the asf-site branch.

So just like gh-pages Apache uses asf-site branch for source of site and
master branch for the distributable public build.

Is there a feature where we can use service like Travis.CI usually used by
Github users to build the site as soon as something is committed to
asf-site branch?

We may also think of maintaining a develop branch for maintaining a
intermediate version of the site for reviews before we merge content to
asf-site for reviews and pull requests, as asf-site will be bound to
trigger a build through such a build service.

with regards
Tushar