netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Benjamin Ruijs <ralph.benja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 09:45:26 GMT
Hi,

> I don't believe we can apply the same approach like we did for Junit.
>
> Not everybody uses or needs Junit so we can download that conditionally.
>
> But the Java editor will not work without nb-javac and the JavaScript
> editor won't work without the Graaj.js parser.

But there is a lot that does work, without the nb-javac or graal, like
cpp, php and python to name only a few.

@Geertjan, can you talk with Dusan and Honza Lahoda if it is even
possible/reasonable to use openjdk as the base of our nb-javac fork?
There is years of development put into nb-javac, so I personally think
it is near impossible, but they can tell us.

- Ralph