netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Optional modules with GPL dependencies (was: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache)
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 15:51:40 GMT
On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>... http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html applies, ...
>
> In the above reference, I see this: "For example, using a GPL'ed tool
> during the build is OK."
>
> That's the case of nb-javac in the context of the optional module provided
> by the "java" cluster.

I'm clueless about the NetBeans code structure and what clusters are,
but do you mean that nb-javac is a (customized?) Java compiler that's
required to build some parts of NetBeans?

> ...The nb-javac libraries can be installed separately from NetBeans itself,
> via the installer or a related update mechanism...

Ok so if they don't affect the licensing of the Apache NetBeans code
that's fine.

-Bertrand